Did You Know?
- ...that Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple located at Srirangam is spread over 155 acres and contains seven prakaras or enclosures, representing the seven chakras of our body?
- ...that during 1857 War of Independence, Jhalkari Bai disguised as queen of Jhansi and took command ofarmy?
- ...that Maharaja Kharavela of Odisha was so powerful that the Greek invader Demetrius had shifted outside the Indian territory in morbid fear of the powerful Kalinga army without any war?
- ...that Guru Tegh Bahadur, 9th Guru of Sikh sect martyred to save Kashmiri Pandits from Aurangzeb's cruel fanaticism?
- ...that Tirthankar Adinath and other twenty one Jain tirthankars were born in the Ikshvaku clan, the same clan in which Lord Ram was born?
- ...that Tondaimandalam region and its capital, the city of Kanchipuram, was one of the richest regions in the world under the Pallavas?
- ...that The Tirrukural, composed by Sage Thiruvalluvar and a part of Sangam Literature, has 133 chapters, that deal with many aspects of life and religion?
- ...that emperor Pushyamitra Shunga of Shunga Dynasty eleminated Greek Invader Demetrius I so badly that frequent invasions started from Alexander's invasion halted immediately?